Hi Singles! I have THREE (3) podcasts for you for FREE – their links are in this blog!
Did you catch part 2 of my Holiday Survival Guide for Singles on “Dating Talk with Kiki Strickland?” Listen here. (1)
This one was for singles who are not seeing someone. November and December are the most popular months for engagements. It is also the time that people get the most depressed. I’ve heard of women buying themselves a fake engagement ring just to keep their families from hounding them AGAIN about why they aren’t married. I’ve heard of women making up international boyfriends, military boyfriends –“we met online and he’s in Iraq fighting for our country,” etc. Or some singles stay in a bad relationship or continue to date someone they don’t really like JUST so they won’t be alone for the holidays.
No, no, no!
Instead of wallowing in the holiday blues, use this time to do something for yourself!
- Set goals for next year and start implementing the steps.
- Be Santa for your family/friends – come up with some great or much-needed gifts for others. Do it anonymously and watch them light up when they tell you about their Secret Santa.
- Mingle with other singles (more on that in part 3)
- Enjoy family and friends. Choose to spend time with people who are fun, outgoing and love life!
- Have your OWN holiday party! – invite all the other single people you know that will be around and make it a FUN time.
- Give back – do a community service project, feed the homeless, volunteer at a shelter or nursing home, organize a clothing/food drive – get out of yourself and GIVE!
If you have more serious issues during the holidays, check out my interview with Avalaura Gaither Beharry from Avalaura’s Healing Center to hear Avalaura’s tips on dealing with depression or Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) here. (2)
Seasonal Affective Disorder is a type of depression that occurs at a certain time of the year, usually in the winter.
I continued on with Holiday Survival for Singles last Saturday, only this time it was for singles who want to USE the holidays to meet someone. Whether you are traveling home or staying in town, click this link (3) to hear tips on how to make the holidays a time to meet more potentials, have fun and reconnect with former friends.
“Dating Talk with Kiki Strickland” airs on blogtalkradio.com at 9AM on Saturday mornings. Subscribe at this link.
I hope these podcasts are helpful in creating wonderful and fun holidays for you as you search for your Mr. Right.
Stay tuned for more topics on dating and relationships from the Matchmaker & Dating Coach in December!
Still looking for The One? Contact me today!
Kiki Strickland, Matchmaker & Dating Coach